Friday 24 August 2012

WEDDING DRESS BUTTONS


I'm getting my wedding dress made by a dress maker and so I have been on the hunt to find all the materials for the dress. I bought the fabric and lace, but was having trouble finding the right coloured button to match my dress. So I decided I'd make my own fabric buttons using the same fabric as my dress that way they would match perfectly. I thought I would do a tutorial on how I did it.

You will need:
·        a thread spool
·        a pair of scissors
·        some self-cover buttons
·        your fabric of choice
·        some tailer chalk
·        some thread
·        a cardboard circle pattern cut-out (This should be included with your self-cover buttons)



1. Trace circle pattern onto the wrong side of the fabric and cut it out.


2. Run a gathering stitch close to the edge of the material. I used a sewing machine, but you could also hand sew. 


3. Place the button in the centre of the fabric on the wrong side and gather by pulling the treads.

      
4. Secure threads tightly and using your fingers smooth out any gathers around the button.
5. Place washer on shank with teeth side down and use the end of a thread spool to push the washer down   firmly.


6. Cut any loose threads close as close to the button as possible.
Ta-Da!!! A cute little satin button


 And here is all eighteen of them.


 So pretty! I can't wait to see them on my dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment